1) Age limit for ticket purchasers is 18 years and over. Purchase must be made in the province of Alberta. Sellers are to advise all ticket purchasers not to put the name of any individual on a ticket that is under the age of 18.
2) Loyalty, Bonus, Early Bird and the final draws will be under the supervision of Stride Management Corp. and will take place at 3950 12th Street NE, Calgary, AB. Any person wishing to view the draws may do so by attending at the above location on the draw date(s).
The order in which the prizes will be awarded is from the prize of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value. The Loyalty Draw will be the first ticket drawn, followed by the Bonus prize, followed by the Early Bird Draw and then the final remaining 2,866 prizes. All ticket buyers are eligible for all draws provided they have purchased their tickets by the applicable cut-off dates.
The lottery draws will be conducted using an RNG (Random Number Generator) system. The winning raffle draw number shall be determined from the pool of sold raffle ticket numbers. This will include the Loyalty Draw, Bonus Draw, Early Bird Draw and the Final Draws.
LOYALTY DRAW– February 3, 2022
Deadline – January 19, 2022
BONUS DRAW– March 4, 2022
Deadline – February 16, 2022
EARLY BIRD DRAW – March 18, 2022
Deadline – March 3, 2022
FINAL DRAW – April 7, 2022
Deadline - March 23, 2022
3) The following individuals are not eligible to purchase tickets in the lottery: Board Members and Executive Management Staff of STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service Foundation), employees of Stride Management Corp. and members of their immediate family (a spouse, parent, son, daughter, sister, brother, or the spouse of any of the individuals).
4) Retail value of all prizes is $4,855,200.90 including GST. Only 1,602,000 tickets will be sold. Tickets in the main lottery will be sold as $30 single ticket, or discounted in sets of 4 for $75, sets of 8 for $125, sets of 20 for $275 and sets of 35 for $400.
5) Prizes must be accepted as awarded - no substitutes unless otherwise stated. All winners have six months from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by STARS. Restrictions apply for the following prize(s):
a) Bonus prize – The Civilized Adventures travel voucher is valid for up to four separate bookings which must be inclusive of land and sea services and is valid for up to five years.
b) Early Bird Prize – As the Early Bird chalet is in Invermere, British Columbia the winner will be required to provide personal information as required by the BC Government for title transfer of the property to be completed.
c) Travel – All travel prizes are valid for one year from draw date. Extensions will be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply. All travel includes return airfare from either Calgary or Edmonton unless otherwise indicated. Winners will have seven days from draw date to choose the travel prize or the cash option. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will make the choice on the winner’s behalf.
d) Vehicle – winners of the vehicle will have seven days from draw date to choose the vehicle option or cash. Should the winner not make their choice by this date, the licensee will make the choice on the winner’s behalf.
6) All winners will be notified in writing by Stride Management Corp., and in some cases by telephone of what they have won and how to claim their prize. At the end of each draw, a searchable listing of winners will be posted on starslottery.ca within five days following the draw. You will never be asked to send money to claim a STARS LOTTERY prize. If you are being asked to send a cheque, money order, or payment of any kind to claim your lottery prize, it is a scam. Hang up the phone or delete the email.
7) If a winner cannot be located after a period of six months from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis.
8) In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name, the licensee will award the prize to the first name listed on the stub. The AGLC and the licensee are not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise from the different individuals.
9) If a purchased ticket has been entered in any draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.
10) Only tickets that have been paid for, and verified as paid for, are eligible for the respective draw(s). The lottery is not responsible for any mail-in order forms that are not received at the ticket processing centre by ordering deadline.
11) Files are continuously backed up by STRIDE Management Corp. in the unexpected event of a power failure. In the event of a power failure the draw will be postponed and take place immediately once power has been restored.
12) In the case of any disputes, please contact the STARS Manager, Lotteries and Special Projects Megan Thomson at 1-888-797-8277.
13) For additional tickets or ticket inquiries please call 1-855-782-7768 or write:
STARS LOTTERY Alberta 2022
PO Box 700 Station M
Calgary, AB T2P 4Y3